Home Dental Care Tips To Achieving A Sparkling SmileYour smile is one of the first features that friends, family, and acquaintances notice. Do you have a sparkling set of pearly whites to flash at a moment’s notice? Or, have you been skimping on your home dental care regime? Whether you are 100 percent confident in your smile or are looking for a boost of confidence, we have a few gathered together a few helpful tips to help you achieve a sparkling smile.
Dental Care Plans Start With Proper BrushingOral health begins with properly cleaning your teeth on a daily basis. While this might seem like a bit of a “no brainer,” here are a few tips to maximize your brushing efforts.
- Brush your teeth and gums at least twice per day.
- Don’t rush through the brushing process, brush for a minimum of 2 minutes at a time.
- Use the right technique by holding your toothbrush at a slight angle. Short back and forth motions and small circular motions with light pressure should be used to clean the inside, outside, and all chewing surfaces of your teeth, gums, and tongue.
- Use the right equipment! Start with an ADA approved fluoride toothpaste, a soft or extra soft-bristled toothbrush ONLY that fits your mouth, floss between all of the teeth and then finish with the all-important ADA approved antibacterial mouthwash rinse. Be sure to ask your dentist if an electric or battery-operated toothbrush is right for your dental care needs.
Home Oral Care Continues With FlossingDaily flossing can help you achieve a sparkling smile and healthy gums by effectively cleaning the tight spaces between your teeth and removing debris from below the gums.
- Flossing should not be an aggressive, do not use a sawing action; instead, you should be gentle as you guide the floss up and down between your teeth, using a c-shaped curve with your dental floss.
- Floss twice daily, but be careful not to dig the floss into your gums.
- Ask your dentist whether you should use a water flosser or another type of dental water pick that can help you to clean between your teeth and help keep your gums healthy.