Pompano Beach Emergency DentistYou never expect to need an emergency dentist. However, life throws crazy things at you as well as your teeth. Whether it’s a playful game of touch football or a pesky sesame seed from an everything bagel– the possibilities are as mundane as they are plenty. Often, you need help right away. That’s when you call an emergency dentist.
Common reasons people seek emergency dental care include:
- Knocking out a tooth – any time you lose a tooth, you need emergency dental care. You only have a one or two-hour window to reattach a tooth to its socket. Otherwise, you will need a dental implant.
- Losing a filling – If you lose a filling, you risk further damage to sensitive areas of your teeth. Seek an emergency dentist immediately.
- Chipping a tooth – This is the most common reason for visiting a dentist of urgency. Whether you chip your tooth on a bite of food or in an accident, an emergency dentist can fix it with a crown, bond, or veneer.
- Inflammation or infection – Even a small amount of food can get stuck in the wrong place, causing an infection in the gums. Infections big and small need medical attention immediately to help prevent sepsis.
- Breaking a tooth – A broken tooth is like a chipped tooth, only more severe. With a broken tooth, a person feels more discomfort and pain.