Why choose porcelain veneers over others?Porcelain veneers are stain resistant. They are a long-term solution, are strong and appear like real enamel by reflecting the light of your smile! If your teeth are permanently stained, porcelain veneers will mask the stains and make your teeth look white again. Veneers change the color of your teeth and hide any imperfections. Porcelain veneers come in a variety of natural shades to match natural tooth colors. Chips and cracks in your teeth will virtually disappear with porcelain veneers. The porcelain veneers take away the unsightly damage and leave a smooth surface in its place. Spaces between the teeth can be filled in and crowded teeth can be straightened with porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers take misshapen teeth and make them even again. No more hiding that smile!
Who is a candidate for Porcelain VeneersHere are some guidelines for those that qualify for porcelain veneers:
- Your teeth and gums must be healthy, decay and gum disease free.
- You adhere to a proper oral hygiene regimen including regularly scheduled cleanings and brushing, flossing and rinsing after every meal.
- You do NOT have a grinding or clenching habit
- You have adequate space between the top and bottom teeth and do not have an improper bite.
- Your teeth must have enough healthy tooth enamel on the front surface of the teeth. A micro layer of enamel is removed to create enough room for the veneer while leaving an adequate amount for a proper seal or bond of the veneers to the teeth.