We at South Florida Smila Spa hope you and your family are in good health and good spirits, as our nation prepares to reopen. Our community has endured a lot over the past few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While much has changed, our commitment to your health and safety remains our top priority and focus.
As we prepare to reopen our office in accordance with the state’s recommendation, we want to educate you about the infection control procedures we are utilizing to ensure our patients and staff are in a safe, clean and sanitized environment.
Our office will continue to follow the strict infection control reccomendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow these agencies to ensure that all infection control procedures are current and compliant.
We have made some enhancements to our infection control due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Here is a list of protocols we have implemented for your safety.
- We have installed an Air Purification system into our AC unit to clean and purify the circulating air within the office and are using HEPA AC filters.
- We have employed new equipment to reduce aerosols in the air created during dental cleaning visits.
- We will be conducting pertinent health screening assessments both prior to your appointment and upon arrival to the office.
- Patients and staff will be asked to have their temperature taken upon arrival to the office, as well as to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide based mouth rinse.
- Hand sanitizer will be located throughout the office, patients and staff are encouraged to utilize.
- All non-essential items suchs as magazines and brochures will be removed from the office waiting room, as these items are difficult to disinfect.
- In addition to the standard sterilization protocols, frequent hand hygiene will be exercised, the entire staff will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and all surfaces in the office will be disinfected between every patient.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean fewer scheduling options.
- We will allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times, which in turn will reduce the number of patients in the waiting room.
- If you are unconfortable coming into the waiting room, we reccommend calling upon arrival to the office and we can call or text you when the operatory is ready for you.
- We ask that patients do not bring companions to their appointments, unless to accompany a minor or you require assistance, in order to allow for social distancing.
We look forward to seeing all of our patients again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep all of our patients and staff safe.
We are now open for our regular business hours.
Thank you to all our patients for your trust and loyalty
Dr. Nicole M. Berger
South Florida Smile Spa