Modern dentistry has come a long way in Root Canal Therapy since its beginnings. At the Pompano Beach and Fort Lauderdale Office of Nicole M. Berger, we use only best practice procedures and the finest materials when restoring your teeth. Tooth extraction is our last objective. We would rather preserve your natural, beautiful smile for years to come.
Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy, or endodontic therapy, is a much-misunderstood procedure that is often essential to preserving a tooth that might otherwise require extraction. Inside of each tooth is anywhere from one to four chambers that house the nerves of the tooth. These chambers, called root canals, provide vital nutrients to the tooth and transmit signals between the tooth and the brain. When the nerve becomes infected from dental decay or traumatized, the result can be intense tooth pain. Left untreated, pain will only worsen and can lead to an abscess.
During root canal therapy, the inflamed or infected nerve is removed from the tooth, the root canal is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, then filled and sealed with a rubber-like material called “gutta-percha.” Afterwards, a dental crown is placed over the tooth to protect the tooth from further damage or decay. Root canal therapy allows the patient to preserve as much of the tooth’s natural integrity as possible, which is always preferable to complete extraction. The newly restored tooth will be stronger, healthier, and more durable, and tooth pain will be eliminated altogether.
While root canal therapy is believed by many to be a painful procedure, modern techniques, such as rotary endodontics have rendered the treatment practically pain free. Nevertheless, patients who are anxious about undergoing root canal therapy may benefit from sedation dentistry, which allows them to drift pleasantly through even the most complex procedures.
Check out what others are saying about our root canal services on Yelp: Root Canal Pompano Beach.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- South Florida Smile Spa, Nicole M. Berger, DDS was established in 2004
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Broward County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Lighthouse Point, Deerfield Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Boca Raton, Coconut Creek, Wilton Manors, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Root Canal Treatment