Teeth Whitening Pompano Beach, FL
If you live in Pompano Beach or the local area, you can benefit from a teeth whitening procedure at our local dental office. At South Florida Smile Spa, Nicole M. Berger, DDS, we are known for improving the appearance of our patients' smiles. We are a cosmetic dentist and has multiple ways for doing so. We often recommend a Take Home Opalescence kit. We offer in office procedures like Kör and Zoom, but we offer take home kits as it can offer an easy at-home way to transform your smile.
Help Your Smile Shine Bright
People have their teeth whitened on a regular basis so that they can look and feel great. As people age, it is common for teeth to become dull and yellow. This is in part due to age itself and also due to what a person eats and drinks. Drinking coffee, tea and wine, for example, can stain your teeth. Smoking and eating foods that contain food coloring can also stain your teeth. Brushing immediately after eating and drinking can help to prevent stains but is typically not enough to remove the risk entirely. Fortunately, stained and yellow teeth don't have to stay that way.
Watch the video on 'Why Opalesence'.
Managing Whitening Sensitivity
For some people, teeth whitening can cause sensitivity. Most often, sensitivity is temporary and treatable, so it's important to talk to your dentist before, during, and after your whitening treatment so they can understand and treat your sensitivity issues on an individual basis.
Before you begin any whitening treatment, you should undergo a whitening consultation with your dentist to determine your level of sensitivity and staining. Once your dentist has established your sensitivity level—usually by a touch and air test—they'll be able to determine which whitening treatment will be most comfortable for you while treating the stains appropriately.
If you have a history of sensitivity, your dentist may recommend you take the following steps to help prevent sensitivity during the whitening treatment:
- Using a soft-bristle toothbrush, brush your teeth with Opalescence PF Toothpaste, a desensitizing toothpaste, for 2 weeks.
- Remove any acidic beverages and foods from your diet.
- Wear a prefilled tray or custom trays filled with UltraEZ (desensitizing gel product) for 30–60 minutes once a day or Opalescence PF Toothpaste (desensitizing toothpaste) for 1–2 nights.
- Continue to brush with Opalescence PF Toothpaste (desensitizing toothpaste), but brush 30 minutes before you insert your tray, and wait 30 minutes after whitening to brush again.
- Begin whitening with a low-concentration Opalescence product, or whichever Opalescence product your dentist recommends.
During Whitening Sensitivity
Some people who do not have a history of sensitivity may develop some level of sensitivity during their whitening treatment. If you develop sensitivity during your whitening treatment, your dentist may suggest additional treatment options:
- Reduce concentration of whitening material if possible
- Reduce wear time
- Change from night wear to day wear
- Skip a night or day of whitening
- Stop whitening for an extended period of time
- Continue or start brushing with Opalescence PF Toothpaste (desensitizing toothpaste)
- Wear UltraEZ (potassium nitrate and fluoride product) prefilled trays for 30–60 minutes once a day or your custom tray filled with UltraEZ overnight in place of whitening material for 1–2 nights
- Switch from one whitening gel to another
- If none of these treatments work, your dentist may recommend the whitening process be discontinued.
How often do I use Opalescence teeth whitening?
Use the gel sparingly. Keep in mind that the 8 syringes provided in the kit contain enough gel for ~15 – 20 separate treatments, or 2-3 weeks. Insert tray and adapt sides of tray against teeth. Remove any excess gel that exudes onto the gums with a clean tissue or soft toothbrush.
Back to top of Teeth Whitening
If you have been dissatisfied with the shade of your smile for some time, it may be time to consider professional teeth whitening. Though there are many tooth whiteners available over the counter, procedures performed or supplied by a dentist typically work faster and have longer-lasting results.There is a lot of demand for professional teeth…
It is normal for teeth to yellow or become stained over time, but teeth whitening can return a smile to its original brightness. The American Association of Orthodontics reports that more than 30% of Americans are unhappy with their smile. Getting teeth whitened is a simple, easy process that can help anyone regain confidence in…
For many people hoping to have a brighter smile, professional teeth whitening is a healthy option. In-office visits use bleaching agents to achieve lighter and faster results than over-the-counter treatments. However, this use of more potent agents means patients should consider their current dental history before deciding on professional whitening treatments.It is important to weigh…
If you are an adult investigating procedures for replacing a missing tooth, dental implants may be the ideal option for supporting an artificial tooth in an otherwise healthy smile. Because implants can be affordable and nearly invisible when placed correctly, this procedure is popular with young people and older individuals alike.Before a patient decides to…